Friday 12 June 2009

The big weigh-in

I just want to let you know that this is not going to turn into some crazy diet blog where I start chuntering on about eating baby food or cabbage soup etc....

However...

I weighed myself yesterday having been on the first week of my 'diet'. This has consisted of eating my normal three meals a day, but not drinking any booze, or eating any biscuits ('Raise your hands in the air and move away from the biscuit tin. Move away. Now!') Basically I've been trying not to snack, which is hard when you live in a house with 2 kids who would snack all day if you let them...

So. I wasn't expecting miracles. I haven't increased my exercise regime or drastically dropped my calorie intake. But I was very pleased to discover that I have lost 1.5kg this week. So that's not bad, eh? I'd like to lose about another 3 kilos or so, so it's not a major diet, but I guess it might get harder.

One thing I have been doing, which I read about, is drinking green and white tea. Apparently, there is evidence that these teas can help with weight loss, as well as being very good for you in other ways, too! I have drunk them in the past on and off, as I don't really drink coffee much, but since I've been on my mini-diet, I've been drinking green tea instead of normal or earl grey.

So, it's going ok so far. We'll see how this week pans out... Time for a green tea, I think. Off to put the kettle on.

3 comments:

Jonathan said...

Good luck with your diet. But don't be too obsessed with the number that appears on the balance... ;-)

Unknown said...

I nodded in agreement with your sentiments on eating sensibly and promptly went straight to the kitchen and pulled a pink wafer out of the biscuit tin. Oh, the joys of 'I can always start tomorrow'.

As I was doing that, Niall walked in from the garden with the first tomatoes of the season and asked me what time Hope Springs started. God, I love being middle-aged.

xx

claires inner world said...

Hi J - how's the trip going? Have been following your blog. (translating as I go along!) Don't worry about me - I love my food far too much to ever get obsessed about my weight! Just tryng to lose a few pounds so I can put them on again eating cheese and drinking white russians in France!!

Hi Nick - Oh don't start about the biscuit tin... I cracked and had a chocolate digestive yesterday. Do you know how many calories there are in one of those damn things...?!