Tuesday 5 May 2009

Not enough hours...

I have precisely 3 weeks to finish my final project for my Creative Writing course. If I complete it and pass, I'll get my Diploma from the Open University, so it's the last hurdle (this year anyway). I have also promised myself that I will blog on my 'work days' before I sit down to write - to kind of get the writing juices flowing if you know what I mean... Tuesdays are my free day - both kids out of the way until 3.30pm. And so of course in usual fashion, I have volunteered to help at the school library, and have a meeting about that at lunchtime. And two friends have just texted seeing if I want to have coffee!!! Aaaarghh! There just aren't enough hours in the day! This story is never going to get finished. Maybe that wouldn't be such a bad thing as I'm severely lacking in enthusiasm for it today!

3 comments:

30 jours et 30 nuits said...

Go go go, one last step ! ;-)

Reeblestiltskin said...

Hello you, it’s Shareen (am not sure what name will be displayed when I post this so I though I should make myself known!) Good luck with the final project. And thank you: I discovered your blog yesterday and you have inspired me to start my own, which I have just set up. I really enjoyed reading some of (oh ok then all of) yours, particularly your short story. I have also discovered some more things we have in common: guilt, procrastination, and a secret hoard of empty notebooks. And I absolutely loved the photo you posted of yourself as a small child by the bridge: the word that popped into my head when I saw it was “fairylike”, then in the next breath you said almost the exact same thing. It really does have a magical quality to it and you almost look for the fairies in the foreground! Finally, you spoke in one entry about a period of writer’s hibernation. I follow Joanne Harris’ blog and she suffers from the same thing and talks about it on her website. Not massively interesting but I thought I would pass that on: since you're an internet junkie I though you might want to look it up. ; ) Much love, S x

claires inner world said...

Jonathan - It's ok - I've got my enthusiasm back! I had some supportive feedback on my early drafts which is really helping me keep going!

Reeblestiltskin! It's a pleasure to welcome you to my blog! and glad I have inspired someone else to take up this mad pursuit of sending your ramblings on all and sundry off into the ether!
I look forward to reading your posts soon!! Thanks for the info about Joanne Harris - I most certainly will look it up!
Cx